Friday, May 11, 2012

Linky Party

Hi! I have linked up with Cynthia Vautrot at 2nd Grade Pad! We are blogging about how we pack up at the end of the year and what we get ready in advance for next year. Here are some things I do to get ready for the end of the year.

1. I have not done this yet (took pics in a colleagues room) but I am going to put clothespins around the top of my room to hang anchor charts that we are using through the year. This gives my students something to refer back to throughout the lesson and the year as we review. I will hot glue them on the wall. ( thank goodness for hot glue!!)




2. I put rolling coasters on my bookshelves so they will be easier to move. Every year we have to pack up our rooms and make sure every thing can be moved out of the room for the custodians to come in and wax and polish our floors.So if I have a bookcase that does not have rollers, I have to remove all the books and put them somewhere??!! Coasters on the bookshelves remedies this problem!


3.I take down my curtains in my classroom and take them home to be washed or I might find some new material for some new curtains over the summer!

What are some ways you get ready for the end of the school year!!
Join Cynthia's linky party and maybe we can all get some new ideas!!



Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Love the coasters on your bookshelves! What a great idea! That may be one of my next projects!!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clothespin idea!! How perfect. I'm definitely going to do that next year. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA how I'm going to pack up. I'm changing grade levels, which means changing classrooms. It's going to be a tiring moving :(
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, bless you! I had to pack up my entire room last year and move to the school across the road. I had taught 1st grade for about 20 years and then they moved me to 2nd grade which is in the building across the road. I had a chance to go back to 1st next year, but I really like 2nd grade and i wouldn't move again unless I ABSOLUTELY had too!! Good luck with moving, recruit lots of help!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your clothespin idea. That will save a lot of time during the year. We have to pack up our rooms each year so they can move everything out and clean. Once it is all back in I will have to try this idea!

    Your newest follower,
    Stephany
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete