Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Field Day

Well today was our field day and I must say it was a complete success!! We were supposed to have it yesterday, but unfortunately the weather did not cooperate with us. Today it was nice, not too hot or cool, but "Just Right".We had a bouncy house and all the 2nd grade teachers each had a different activity and we ended the day with a tug of war between classes!! The kids had an awesome time. I was so busy, I didn't even get to take pics! Hopefully some of my colleagues captured some photos for me to share later. My activity was the "Shoe Fly". I found this on Pinterest and OH MY GOODNESS!! The kids loved it and it is so simple. There is nothing to prepare. The kids had to loosen their shoe and hold it with their toe and when I counted to 3 they all tried to throw their shoe farther than anyone else. It was a hoot!! After the excitement of the bouncy house wore off, I stayed pretty busy! Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!! It is board game day!

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower. I taught 2nd grade for 5 years before moving to 1st. I loved it, by far my favorite grade. Tuesday is our field day and I hope our weather is just right too! Cute shoe game!

    :) Dana
    www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete