Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beautiful Butterflies and Spring Cleaning!!

 I am so ready for Spring!!

How about you?

I am sitting here listening to the birds singing outside, but it is still COLD here in Georgia!

Spring reminds me of butterflies!

I decided to create a butterfly item for my TpT store.

Check it out by clicking on the picture!


Don't you love the butterflies!!
These are from my good friend Mel, over at Graphics From The Pond!!


It covers Science Standards and some Common Core Standards in reading and math.
There is even an emergent reader for students to read and color. I always like for them to color their books, it creates a feeling of ownership

Spring also makes me think of Spring Cleaning, at home and in my classroom.

One thing that always needs to be done in the classroom is cleaning up the classroom library!
My students never seem to know where to put the books after they read them.
One system that I use is labeled baskets so they know where they go(although that doesn't mean they will be put back in the right one, if you know what I mean).



They love the I Spy books with the magnifying glasses!




It is almost Friday and Hey, don't forget to SPRING forward your clock this weekend!!



 



6 comments:

  1. My students love using magnifying glasses for I Spy books too :) I DO NOT look forward to this upcoming time change. I was just starting to enjoy the bright mornings. Oh well, as you said, spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time change always throws me for a loop. Just when my body gets adjusted to one time, they change it back to the other! LOL Glad you stopped by!

      Teresa

      Delete
  2. Hi, yeah this piece of writing is in fact good and I have
    learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
    thanks.

    My blog post :: "petulance"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for finding us! We are now following you! It's fun to meet Georgia bloggers!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your book baskets. Too cute! So glad I found you through the Blogs by State Linky - I'm a Georgia blogger, too. :) So excited to be your newest follower !

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you
    writing this post and the rest of the site is extremely good.


    Feel free to surf to my webpage http://www.wainepittman.com/guestbook

    ReplyDelete